• Locates water mains, service lines and valves using pipeline location instruments and metal detectors.
• Repairs leaks and breaks on water mains and water valves by closing valves, excavating pipe or valves and applying appropriate repair devices or replacing pipe or valves.
• Installs valves, fire hydrants and appurtenances; fills and flushes new main and collects samples for bacteriological analysis.
• Supervises water distribution crew.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment used in the repair and replacement of water mains, valves, and fire hydrants.
• Familiarity with current safety practices as they relate to excavations, traffic control and heavy equipment operations.
• Valid Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License.
• Distribution System License Level- 1 (DS-I) is preferred.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING SHOULD CONTACT HR AT 314-822-6975.