You’ve come to the right place for information on Missouri Rural Water Association’s Small Utility Billing Software (SUBS). SUBS was developed for small utility systems that need a simple, effective program to do utility billing electronically.
SUBS program features:
- Serves a maximum of 500 active accounts.
- Calculates billing for water, sewer, and trash utilities.
- Prints postcard bills that can be mailed using reduced postcard postal rates.
- Flat rates, tiered rates, taxes, and fees are all possible with this program.
- SUBS is web-based. This means that you must have an internet connection to run the program.
- Since SUBS is web-based, there is no need to backup your data!
- Runs on most Windows operating system-based machines with a web browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- The program is password protected. Only authorized users will be able to access the program.
What SUBS DOES NOT do:
- Serve over 500 connections. If you have 501 active accounts (or are quickly growing toward exceeding 500), this software is not for you.
Cost and fees:
SUBS is a free program! It is only available to MRWA member systems that have 500 or less active accounts. There is an annual maintenance/support fee of $300 (that’s $25 per month) that is due on July 1 of each year. If you sign up for the program in the middle of the annual period, the first year’s maintenance fee will be prorated. If the annual fee is not paid by August 1, you will no longer have access to the program.
Signing up for the software:
If you are interested in using SUBS, you may contact:
Liz Grove, MRWA SUBS Software Facilitator
Your utility will then be activated, and you will be notified with instructions on how to access the software. You will set your username and password the first time you sign on. The first time you sign on, you will be prompted to change your password.
Your first maintenance fee charge will be due within 30 days of being activated.